Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Resolution..I Need Your Help

Good Afternoon, I hope your new year is off to a stellar start. I have had a great winter break and tomorrow it is back to teaching. I am anxious to hear what my students have been up to during the break.

Instead of posting a crafty creation, today I want to talk about resolutions. Now don't worry I am not going to start yammering on about losing weight, exercising and all that jazz. I have a different new year resolution one that I will your help with.

Many of you know my mom is in need of surgery on both her hands because of severe nerve damage. Normally insurance would cover surgical costs but when she had to leave her job to care for my dad after his stroke she lost her insurance. You can read more about her story in my first post here on the blog. Over the past 3 months we have held a fundraiser and I am happy to report that we raised enough money to talk to the doctor about starting on one hand. We are still in need of raising more money to help with the cost of the other surgery and after care. Our original goal was 8,000 and to date we raised about 2,500. You are probably wondering what this has to do with my resolution, well I want to raise the rest of the money for my mom.

I understand people have bills to pay, their own problems and some just don't want to give to a stranger but I am optimistic I can reach my goal. Instead of asking for large amounts of money I want to simply ask you to give $1. It may not sound like a lot to you, but one dollar adds up to two and then three and so on. If you don't feel comfortable giving a dollar then please check out my etsy store (located on the side of the blog and top of the blog) you can buy a handmade item created by me and a few remaining pieces my mom made before her condition worsened. All of the proceeds from my sale on etsy go to my mom's fund. I have a paypal account set up if you would like to donate directly, if not check out my store where I accept all major credit cards, money orders and paypal.

Thank you for taking a moment to read this post, I would appreciate if you could send this on to everyone you know.

I don't know how I will ever be able to repay your kindness,

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment