Monday, December 31, 2012

Winter Wishes

I am excited to take part in my first challenge! I found this awesome challenge on Pink Buckaroo and I had to try it for myself.

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project using "Snowflakes".
  2. Or Make a project with the colors "Whisper White, Pool Party, Midnight Muse, and Basic Black".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Snowflake Project with the colors Whisper White, Pool Party, Midnight Muse, and Basic Black".

I must admit I was a little intimidated when I first started the challenge but I think the end results are pretty awesome. For the base of the card I used black cardstock and layered a light blue on top of it leaving just a tiny border around the entire card. Next I placed a snowflake pattern paper on the light blue layer. Then I used a scrap of the light blue and embossed it with snow flakes and layered it on top of a strip of black cardstock to set it off. The polka dots strips are layered on matching light blue paper and placed to over lap the middle of the card. I kept the layering look going throughout the entire card with the stamped penguin and word joy. I colored the penguin's scarf and bottom part of his boots with a glossy pen. Finally I cut out 3 snow flakes from glittery paper. Add a little glue and bam! I made a card.

There must be a little magic in the air because as I was completing my card, it started to snow outside :) Thank you The Friday Mashup for the challenge!

Happy New Years, be safe and God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the challenge, that little penguin is just too cute!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That penguin image is so adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete